Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Back to reality!

Holidays are over! :( So sad! I had such a great time on my week off. The funny thing is, we didn't do a whole lot! But it was soooo nice! I honestly think that I am destined to be a housewife! Ha! I'm totally in my element when I'm cooking, baking, gardening and even cleaning! I really do love it! And surprisingly there is so much to get done. I was never once just sitting around for the day.
Noel was home for most of my week off too and we were able to spend lots of time together. We haven't had that much time in close to nine months. It was long overdue! And now he's away again for two more weeks! Booooooo!
This week is a busy one as I'm doing a wedding cake for a friend. Her wedding is on Saturday and tonight I have to start baking! It's pretty simple though. Three tiers, white fondant, pearl beads around the bottom of each tier and fresh flowers to finish it off. It's going to look great!
Now I'm off to meet a girlfriend for lunch at a cute little Italian place downtown! So fun!
Oh yah, and what do you think of my new look? I'm still playing around with it, but I like the idea. It was time for a change!

2 comments:

♥ H ♥ said...

OMG This summer I realized I would make a great housewife! There is SO much to do and you don't realize it til you actually have the time to do it all. Ha!

Unknown said...

What a fun blog! I love it! Destined to be a housewife! How fantastic is that? : ) Visiting via your comment at Enjoying the Small Things. Isn't that blog the best? I loved her post about her little ballerina's first lesson too! It made me weepy!

Nice to meet you today :) Good luck with the wedding cake. That sounds like a lot of fun for sure!