Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Yay summer!

I love this time of year. It's one of my favourites aside from fall. We've been having some pretty cool weather, but today it looks like it's turning around. The sun is shining and there's nothing like a little brightness to give you that extra little boost!
I had a great weekend. It wasn't a long weekend as Canada Day fell on Thursday. But I did get Thursday off and was back to work on Friday. To be honest, Friday was a pretty laid back and relaxed day. Not much work got done as everyone was in weekend mode.
I started hunting through my house in search of garage sale items. My mom and I are having a garage sale this weekend. And my goodness do I have a lot of things to get rid of! To be honest, it feels really good to go through each room finding things that I haven't used in ages, or that I don't have a need for anymore. I hope we do well. The weather is supposed to be hot, hot, hot, so I'm sure we'll get some good garage-salers out.
Noel is coming home tomorrow! Yay! I'm so excited. I have not seen him in two weeks as he's been up in Dawson Creek, B.C. working. I know he misses home. Quite frankly though his job has brought us closer and it's really nice. See, we've been dating (yes, only dating -- marriage is a whole new topic of discussion) for 11 years. I wouldn't say the spark has gone or anything like that, but we are very comfortable with each other and I have to say I know there are many times that I take him for granted.
Not. Good.
So, now that he's gone working for two weeks and then home for a week, it really gives us both that appreciation back. I like it!
On Saturday night after a very successful first day at our garage sale (I'm an optimist!) we are having Noel's family and my mom and Grandpa over for a BBQ. Yum-O! I can't wait! I'm not sure what we're serving yet, but it'll be delicious, I know that! I went to Michael's and bought some cute paper plates and napkins from the Paula Dean line and I also got some fancy boxes that I'm going to put some homemade chocolate chip cookies into for when our guests go home!
I love hosting dinners and get togethers! So much fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww I know what you mean about having a few days to realize you appreciate the other one! I'm usually good after about 3 though! lol Have a great weekend!

Kyle and Darci said...

Thanks for the encouragement!

Good luck at your garage sale! We just had one and made over $300!

Oh and have fun at the BBQ, family get togethers are always a good time!