Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rain, rain, go away!

Wow! It's been raining here non-stop for days now! I'm so ready for the sun to come back out! On the news they were saying the area I live in got more than a months worth of rain in just 24 hours. Yikes! I think today we're supposed to see a turn around and I sure hope those weathermen are right!
Our garage sale was moderately successful this weekend. We made almost $400 which isn't too bad! On Sunday though we only saw about five people in six hours. It was a looooooong day!
So, we still have quite a bit of stuff left and have decided to have the sale on Thursday and Friday evening in hopes of clearing even more things out. Some of the people who came through over the weekend said when they've had garage sales, the busiest nights they had were on Thursday and Friday. We thought why not since everything is already set up.
I'm going to be adding a few things as well.
Noel was home this weekend and we had a great time. I was busy with the sale, but we had our family over for a bbq on Saturday night. Noel grilled steaks and potatoes and we had salad, corn on the cob and yummy bread! It was delicious! I also made apple pie and a flapper pie too! Everyone left with very full tummies!
We also made it to see Toy Story 3. What a cute movie that was! I loved it! We both love all those kinds of movies.
Did anyone watch the Hills finale last night? Wow, what an ending. I'm not sure that I liked it, but it really did prove a point that the show was not real! Yikes!

2 comments:

Kyle and Darci said...

i've heard thursday & fridays are the best time to have a sale too!

kate said...

$400 from the garage sale is great! We need to have one soon, but it's too damn hot in Dallas lol Hope you have another great weekend!!! Thanks for the kinds words, I really needed em!