Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sweet, sweet holiday season!





Can you believe Christmas is over?

Honestly it's something that shocks me every year. I cannot believe how fast Christmas Day passes by! It's gone in the blink of an eye. Noel and I definitely soaked up our time together and loved every second of it!

Christmas Eve was spent just the two of us which was absolutely fabulous. We went and toured some ice sculptures with hot chocolate in hand and then drove endlessly for hours looking at Christmas lights while listening to jingling tunes.

We also spent Christmas morning with just us which was also great! Normally we are up early so we don't have to rush opening our gifts and then right after we're done we're jetting off for the day.

This year, we didn't have to be at my mom's until early afternoon, so we had the whole morning to ourselves. We opened our gifts to each other and of course Jackson opened his stocking. He actually has more gifts to open but was so overwhelmed with excitement about the toys in his stocking, we have left them for another time.

We headed over to my mom's in the afternoon, opened gifts with her and my grandpa and lounged around until dinner. Noel's parents joined us for turkey dinner which was so yummy!

On Boxing Day we did it all over again at Noel's parents. His sister and her family were there and it was a really fun, but tiring day.

Overall, we had an amazing Christmas and I really feel blessed for the time I was able to spend with the people closest to me.

Oh and I got some pretty awesome gifts as well -- my favourites being a Keurig coffee maker, a Cricut cake machine and some more training sessions with my trainer! Yay! Noel's favourite was the foseball table that I got him. We spent two hours last night setting it up and I think a tournament is calling our names tonight!

Hope you all had a great Christmas too!

1 comment:

Big Mark 243 said...

I did and I hope your training goes especially well!