Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Four more sleeps!

Christmas is creeping up fast! I am so excited for family time and good food! :)

I have a lot going on this week as we work our way to Saturday. Sometimes I think I'm crazy to leave my baking to the last minute so everything can be as fresh as possible. It's just something that I have always done and yes, I have tried baking that has been previously frozen and most of the time it tastes perfectly normal, but for myself, I like to bake things at the last possible second!

So tonight I'm starting to bake! I've cut down this year because I've found in year's past that I bake way too much and it either gets thrown out or we eat way too much! Also, every house has its own baking, so there is lots going around for sure!

This year I'm baking snickerdoodles. This is my first time baking these little treats and I've heard so many good things about them! I'm also baking butter tarts and reindeer cupcakes. Yum!

So between tonight and tomorrow night I have to get my baking done and house cleaned! Thursday we are having our annual Christmas party at our place with our families which is always so much fun! Normally we have this party on Christmas Eve but with my niece and nephew having to go to bed earlier these days and with my sister in-law and brother in-law having to get ready for Santa, that evening has become a little cramped for everyone!

So, this year we've opted for the 23rd. This is always one of my favourite nights of the year. Our families come over, we have wine and other drinks, lots of appys and baked goods and great conversation. It's also so much fun to get my nephew overly excited for Santa's arrival!

I'm actually looking forward to Christmas Eve being a quiet one with just Noel and I. We have some really neat ice sculptures in our city that we're going to go and check out and we might drive around a little to look at lights. It'll be so great!

Christmas Day will be spent at my mom's house. Of course we'll open our own gifts at home in the morning first. And Noel's parents are coming over to my mom's for Christmas dinner. It'll be nice to see both sides on Christmas Day.

Boxing Day we'll do it all over again at Noel's parents house with the kids! I am definitely looking forward to that!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: