Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmastime!

I am truly loving this time of year! It's always one of my favourites and I can't believe that in a few days Christmas will be a week away!

Christmas is always hectic for Noel and I as we try to see all of those most close to us. And having my parents divorced also throws a wrench into things. It can be difficult to see everyone and feel as though you had a meaningful visit.

This year, on the 23rd, Noel and I will have both our families over to our place. Normally we do this get together on Christmas Eve, but with our niece and nephew being at the age where they go to bed about 7 p.m., and my sister and brother in-law doing the Santa thing on the 24th, it would make for a short visit with them. So instead this year, we're having everyone over in the late afternoon of the 23rd.
I love hosting these types of things. I always make way too much food, we drink way too much and I just love having those I love around me.
One stress for me at the moment is not having a clue what I'm going to be baking for the Christmas holidays. I am quite the planner (Noel just loves it -- sense my sarcasm on this!) and normally I would have this planned to a tee -- but for some reason, not this year! I really need to get on that.

I'm kind of looking forward to having Christmas Eve to spend with Noel alone. I'm not sure what we'll do -- maybe go and look at lights and have a couple of glasses of wine and just enjoy the evening.

Christmas Day will be spent at my mom's after we've had breakfast and opened gifts at our place. Noel's parents are coming over for dinner as well which will be great! Then the next day we'll do it all over again at Noel's parents. I look forward to watching the kids open their gifts and play with their toys. They bring so much joy to our family and they put a whole new meaning to the holidays.

So, that's our plan and I can't wait! I'm all done my shopping and most of the gifts are wrapped. Now I can just enjoy the holiday season!

I leave you with a picture of our Christmas tree! It's not the best quality as it was taken on my iPhone.

Happy holidays!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww your tree looks great!

Big Mark 243 said...

But your spirit is what counts and that is what I see in this picture. Enjoy the season and your loved ones!!