Happy Valentine's Day!!
I have seen this done on quite a number of blogs and thought I would play along too! So here it goes!
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We will be celebrating our 13th anniversary this coming May! Wow!
2. How did you meet? What’s your “love story”?
We literally met 'on the road'! My best friend and I used to drive around aimlessly listening to music and just hanging out. There wasn't much to do in the small city we lived in and we weren't quite 18 yet, so we weren't allowed in the bars. Noel and his friend drove up beside us on their motorbikes and we stopped in a parking lot to chat with them. Noel and I exchanged phone numbers. We went on our first date a few days later and the rest was history!
3. How long have you been married? If not married, is this the guy you hope to marry?
We will be getting married in August and we seriously can't wait!
4. If you are married, where did you get married? Big or small wedding?
Being that we will be having a destination wedding we are only inviting about 80 people, but we expect between 20 and 25 people to actually come. In October we'll be having a reception back home where about 150 people will attend!
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
I usually call Noel babe and he usually calls me his beauty. We also call each other mom and dad when we're talking to Jackson.
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
I love that he's so hard working and takes such good care of Jackson and I. He has unconditional love for us and for both of our families. And I adore his love for kids - he's going to be a terrific dad someday!
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
Noel proposed to me on my 30th birthday last year. Early in the day Noel had gotten me a dozen roses and then right before we were going to go to my birthday dinner he gave me a single pink rose. He said the first 12 roses were for the 12 years we had spent together and the single rose was for all the years we'd spend together in the future.
He got down on his knee and pulled out my dream Tacori ring that I had my eye on for years! It was perfect!
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
He is definitely a flowers-type guy. He spoils me often with flowers. I feel so lucky. I got these pretties today!
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
It really depends. I love both! Just depends what kinds of mood I am in and if we're celebrating something particularly special or if it's just because.
10. Tell us one thing you’d like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Top of the list for me is to have kids. I cannot wait to be a mom and I know Noel will make the best dad. I also look forward to travelling with him. My top destination is Italy!
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine’s Day.
Noel is actually working nights right now. But this morning he gave me a card and sent flowers to my work. We will probably have a dinner at home before his shift tonight.
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine’s day?
Nothing! Just time with Noel! But he has already spoiled me!
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Communication is key. And of course you have to sprinkle in some fun and laughs too!
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.