Friday, May 28, 2010

I feel so lucky!

My goodness I am one lucky girl! So I came into work yesterday morning just minding my own business and my boss calls me into his office. Ok, this is normal, my boss is funny that way, he likes to have "private" conversations with you when you get in first thing. Haha! So he tells me that he's sending me to Disneyland in a couple of weeks to do a story. WHAT? Back up! I was shocked!
So yes, it's official. On June 9 my best friend and I are flying out to Disneyland so I can cover the opening of a new attraction there (I'm a journalist for a newspaper in case this doesn't make sense to some of you)!
This is so cool! I of course checked to see if Noel could make the trip with me, but it's a no-go for him since he's just getting back onto his days on for work. Sucks, it would have been nice to get away with him. But nonetheless I'm happy to go with my best friend.
The new attraction is called World of Color and it's a water/light/laser show. The preview event is on June 10 with the grand opening to the public on June 11. I get to hobnob with some celebrities at an after party for the event too! There are a few media events I have to attend, but all in all we're pretty free to tour around. YES!
So excited!

This weekend is going to be a busy one. To be honest, I'm going to be very happy when my life slows down.
Noel's grandma is having a garage sale that we'll be helping out with tomorrow. We are going to have to drive almost two hours away to her place for it, but that's ok. It sounds like a lot of the family will be there which is exciting. We never get to see them enough.
Then on Sunday, we have an agility trial with our club that I'll be helping out with at some point. I haven't heard what time I'm supposed to be there, but I really hope it's not too early. Sleeping in a little would be nice! :)
And then there's work. I have so much on the go right now that I'll be working some overtime this weekend. Kind of sucks, but at the same time, it's nice to spread it out rather then trying to cram it all in in a matter of hours.
So that's all for now! Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: